"The very best youth in the world!"
COGS is more than a youth group! See what we're all about at The Church of the Good Shepherd.
COGS is under the covering of New Covenant Ministries International.

Jalaps' questions to Pautro...

| | Wednesday, November 4, 2009
|

I recently sat down with our commander and Chief, Paul Edy (otherwise known as "Roy" or "Kaizer") and asked him a few questions about life, youth and his leather jacket. Here are a few of the highlights from that chat...

Gabe: "Paul, when did you first come to COGS youth? Was it really at a similar time as Nelson Mandela's release from prison?"

Paul: It was back in '96. Nelson Mandela had been leading our country into a colourful democracy for two years already. Francois Pienaar had lifted up the William Webb Ellis trophy at an exhuberant Ellis Park Stadium on 24 June the previous year. Soundgarden released their last album, as did Stone Temple Pilots, and the grunge era started to wane, with the exception of the birth of Foo Fighters. These are some significant things that occurred in and around 1996. The most significant occurrence, however, being that I, Paul Edy, a shy little 8th grader, joined COGS YOUTH.


Gabe: "Did you meet Evie at youth? Did she like you from the very beginning?"

Paul: Yes, I did meet Evie at youth. No she didn't like me from the beginning. She had her eyes fixed on older guys (no names mentioned - G_ _ TH). But for all you groms, hang in there, because in due time you'll begin filling your T - shirts. It was when i got to matric that not only Evie, but I can confidently say that every heterosexual girl at COGS YOUTH, quote unquote, "has had a crush on Paul". I don't mean to come across as arrogant, it just happens naturally.


Gabe: "Interesting. Speaking of that, why do you despise the ancient art of Killball so much?"

Paul: Speaking of what? Filling your T - shirt? Well believe it or not, back in the day I would actually look forward to the killball game. Not because of the game itself, but because it meant i could take off my T- shirt.Back then we had a strong culture of girls perving over boys during the game, those were the glory days. We seem to have lost that. But I found that it didn't take long after working full time at COGS for me to start filling my T - shirt excessively, and the novelty of the game swiftly wore off. And also, I don't enjoy pain.


Gabe: "Obviously I don't totally agree but I suppose that is why you're in charge. On another note, what is your favourite youth event each year?"

Paul: That would be between Retros Valentines and COGSCARS. i SMAAK to cut rug.


Gabe: "Mine too. Looking back a few years now, would you say that the year I spent in the office with you (2006) was one of your favourite memories ever?"

Paul: 2006 was my 10 year anniversary of being at COGS YOUTH. It was the year I officially took over the leadership and the year I married Evie. Having you and the dirty champion with me through all those events, who could ask for more? My favourite memories, by far, take me back to the Dbn North swimming pool, bad breathing techniques and vomit.

Gabe: "Looking forward to next year already, everyone's talking about the explosive youth launch at the start of 2010. Can you tell us more?"

Paul: Aah Gabe, so naive, so young in this ministry. You will come to learn one thing about youth. I, as a seasoned campaigner in this ministry, can tell you, that the youth of today love two things... surprises and explosions. The launch will deliver.


Gabe: "I'm already pumped! Finally, would you ever let me borrow your leather jacket?"

Paul: Hell no! My Tele, my Line 6, my pedals AND MY LEATHERS?!




So as you can see, Paul and I do talk to each other besides a Friday night! Keep an eye out on this blog for many more insightful future interviews.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Featured Videos

 

Followers