"The very best youth in the world!"
COGS is more than a youth group! See what we're all about at The Church of the Good Shepherd.
COGS is under the covering of New Covenant Ministries International.

The SAXON Files!

| | Tuesday, November 10, 2009
|

With our first ever "The Sex Files" coming up this Friday (13th November, mark it down in your diary's people!), I thought I'd quickly compile a short list of some of the contenders of the "raunchiest and most saxon" moments ever to happen at COGS youth over the last 5 years or so that I have been here. So here goes:

1. The 2.Samuel.6:14 moment
Number one HAS to be the blindest moment of my life, but probably the most significant. This one particular Friday evening (possibly +-2 years ago?), I felt the Spirit move so I went up to bring a song. Unfortunately for me and the entire front row, the Spirit wasn't the only thing that moved that night...as I finished my prophetic song ("Now is the time"???), I leaped off the stage only to remember that I hadn't worn a belt that night...you can guess the rest of the story.
Let's just say that pride was never an issue in my life again after this night as I had literally danced my pants off! You may now understand why Richard has had a permanent nervous twitch for the last couple of years.
(Tip #1: Always, ALWAYS wear a belt to youth)

2. The emergence of "Tracey"
In the latter half of 2008, during a typical youth gameshow of "win a date with Matt WIlkes" (the handsome twin), COGS youth was introduced to "girl number 3", Tracey, a combination of everything you've ever wanted in a "woman". Defined features, husky voice, an extremely tight fitting skirt coupled with most sultry calf muscles ever. Mmmm...
(Tip #2: Always go with girl number 3)

3. "we're gonna wlatz like a child in your presence"
Worship was pumping, James Page had just finished a heaven opening solo and the glory cloud was making it's way from the coffee counter to the front, when I opened my eyes and spotted the funniest occurence during worship that I had EVER seen! Lo and behold, in the back corner by the sliding glass door, an unnamed couple were hand in hand, gazing deeply into each others eyes and doing the most seductive version of the "waltz/samba/shuffle" in the history of youth worship! Needless to say, I couldn't help but laughing, but because the glory was so thick everyone assumed it was just the Holy Spirit...
(Tip #3: When we sing "we're going to dance in your presence", it doesn't mean with the hot girl next to you!)

4. Michael Cilliers
3 or 4 years ago Mike Cilliers was on youth leadership. At every single youth leaders meeting without fail, when Paul (or Mike Gooch) would ask how we could spice up youth a little bit, Michael would pipe up with his suggestion: "Girls in bikinis". Needless to say he never got his way.
(Suggestion #1: Bring Mike back onto team?)

5. Every canoodling "couple"
Over the years we have seen coutless incidents of a guy and a girl who started worship eyeing each other out, go through the stages of digging to liking to going out by the time Paul has finished his preach for the evening. It is impossible to count the amounts of couples that have been spotted cuddling at the back by the sound desk, but in we honour them all in this blog! Hell, it's actually an impressive achievement as all I've got in 5 years is a far too intimate confession of love from "Jamie Lynn" two weeks ago at the Sleepover!
(Tip #4: If you secretly like someone at youth, make sure you're ready to "pray" for them the moment you see them start crying in worship)
(Suggestion #2: Follow Tip #4 at your peril. Brad and his security team have eyes everywhere!)

So there you have it...my Top 5 saxon moments at COGS youth...feel free to add to the list.

PS, I'm pretty sure we'll be adding to it this Fireday!

*Vintage Phillips

blog comments powered by Disqus

Featured Videos

 

Followers