"The very best youth in the world!"
COGS is more than a youth group! See what we're all about at The Church of the Good Shepherd.
COGS is under the covering of New Covenant Ministries International.

We are "PLAN A"

| | Tuesday, October 20, 2009
|

Galatians.1:15-16
"... when God, who set me apart from birth, called me by his grace, was pleased to reveal his son in me, so that I may preach him to the Gentiles..."

"who set me apart from birth"
-no matter if you've just been saved or have been a Christian for a while, God did not choose you when you slipped up your hand in a youth or church meeting in response to the preaching of the gospel...you were set apart, set aside, chosen by God at the very moment you were born! When your mom and dad held you for the first time, the joy that was in their hearts could not even come close to the joy that filled heaven as God declared with a burning excitement to all the angelic beings and to all creation, "That right there is my Plan A!"

"called me by his grace"
-not by ANYTHING that I've done! And the great thing about this is that this means that there is now absolutely nothing I can do to fall out of his amazing grace! If I sin, God is still declaring over me, "You are my Plan A, not because of anything you did or are going to do but because I CHOSE YOU!!!!

"was pleased..."
-It was God's greatest pleasure and delight to choose you and me! he didn't do it begrudgingly!And the book of Zephaniah in the Old testament speaks about how our dad in heaven rejoices over us with singing and how he is spinning wildly over me! Our God is passionately in love with us...not moderately in love, but PASSIONATELY IN LOVE!!!!!

"to reveal his son in me"
-the one who was there at the very beginning, who spoke the world into motion, who said "let there be light!" and there was...the Jesus who was whipped and beaten beyond recognition, who carried the heavy cross, who hung upon the same cross as he was mocked and insulted and spat upon...the Jesus who rose victoriously from the dead with the keys of life and death in his hands, who will return riding on a white horse, with eyes like fire, and with a sword in his mouth to judge the world...God was pleases to reveal THIS Jesus IN ME!!!!!!!!!!

"so that I may preach him"
-God settles my identity (who I am) and then gives me a purpose...not a "have to" but something I get to do! We have Christ, the Light of the World, being formed in us and there is a world which is being over run by the forces of darkness...the spiritual is very real...and we have the task of proclaiming freedom!!!!!! Setting the prisoner free: this is my joy and delight...this is my greatest privilege!

blog comments powered by Disqus

Featured Videos

 

Followers